As the leaves turn golden and the air carries the crisp scent of autumn, we know the holiday season is just around the corner. For families with infants, toddlers, and young children, this time of year is a blend of excitement and trepidation. How do we navigate the bustling travel schedules, the family engagements, and still keep our little ones happy and engaged? Here are some heartfelt tips to make your holiday season as smooth and joyful as possible, with a special nod to the community at The Barn UPT.
Traveling with Tots
Traveling with young children can be a daunting task, but with a little preparation, it can become an enjoyable part of your holiday traditio
- Pack Smart: Create a checklist of essentials at least a week before your trip. Include comfort items like a favorite blanket or toy to help soothe your child in unfamiliar environments.
- Plan Around Sleep: If possible, schedule flights or drives around your child’s sleep schedule. A sleeping child makes for a smoother journey.
- Keep Snacks Handy: Healthy, mess-free snacks can be a lifesaver. They not only keep hunger at bay but also serve as a distraction during those long stretches of travel.
- Entertainment: Load up on age-appropriate apps, games, and videos. Don’t forget chargers and headphones!
- Expect the Unexpected: Delays happen. Pack extra clothes, diapers, and patience. A calm parent often means a calm child.
Family Engagement with Little Feet
The holidays are a time for family, and engaging young children can create memories that last a lifetime.
- Get Them Involved: Simple tasks like stirring the cookie dough or placing ornaments on the tree can make them feel included.
- Create New Traditions: Whether it’s a special storytime or a walk to look at neighborhood lights, new traditions can be especially exciting for young children.
- Quiet Corners: Amidst the chaos, have a quiet space where your child can go to unwind with books or puzzles.
- Keep Routines: Try to stick to regular meal and bedtime routines. A sense of normalcy can help children adjust to the holiday hustle
- Be Present: It’s easy to get caught up in the details of hosting and planning, but the best gift you can give your child is time spent together.
The Barn UPT: Your Holiday Haven
The Barn UPT understands the importance of community and routine for young families, especially during the holiday season. That’s why we’re excited to invite you to our special holiday event on December 9th, 2023. It’s the perfect opportunity for your little ones to engage in festive activities, meet new friends, and expend some of that boundless energy.
Our classes throughout the holiday season are designed to keep your child’s socialization and learning on track, even as the holidays approach. From music and movement to art and play, we offer a warm, welcoming environment where your child can thrive
Remember, the holiday season is a magical time through the eyes of your child. With a bit of planning, a dash of flexibility, and the support of The Barn UPT community, you can create a holiday experience thatis both merry and bright for your entire family.
Happy Holidays, and we can’t wait to celebrate with you on December 9th!